Pascal Rety returns as Logset`s vice president of sales and marketing
Long-time Logset man, Pascal Rety, returns to Logset as sales and marketing director. A total of 13 years of history in Logset sales will continue when Pascal starts developing Logset sales.
– I came from Sampo-Rosenlew's agricultural sales. It was a rewarding and great adventure, I got to see the world outside the forest sector as well. However, the forest is my home, and it's always good to come home, says Pascal Rety.
– Looking back, the forest industry has developed a lot. Machines’ productivity has increased, service care has made a big step forward and environment aspect are even stronger.
To a moving ship
Despite the challenging years, Logset has managed to keep the business growing nicely. Last years' turnover reached an all-time records, and if the positive momentum can be maintained, the current year will also end with record figures.
- Of course, the increase is small, the availability of components and the drastic increase in costs play a significant part in this. But taking into account the challenging world situation, this is without a doubt a prevention victory, says CEO Kari Mikkilä.
- Pascal's return is a great thing for us. Our sales organization will be significantly strengthened, and we will be able to focus better on the development of different market areas.
The environment is a key factor
- We believe that environmental and energy issues will continue to keep up the demand for wood, even though the forecasts vary. There is no way we are going to slow down. Yes, the goal is continuous development, both in products and in the market, Rety continues.
- There are only winners in environmental issues. A low-consumption machine saves both nature and costs. Everyone who works in the forest wants to protect the environment, there's no doubt about that. Logset manufactures forest machines that produce the most cubes with the lowest consumption and emissions. We see a growing demand for our hybrid harvester on the market. In addition to the hybrid, the rest of our collection has been built with very low emissions from the start.